Thursday, May 17, 2012

It is not a choice, it is a necessity.

This morning was one of the rare occasions that David happened to get up at the same time as me. I was a little grouchy and very tired from the lack of sleep last night. I was telling him how it is going to suck because in a couple weeks I am going to have to wake up even earlier to make sure I get to work by 7:30am so I can leave at 4pm to make it to school. He quickly pointed out that it was my choice to go to school. I said nothing but just wanted to lay this out on the table.
Going to school for my teaching credential is not a choice, it is a necessity. I am doing this to better our life as a family, so I can hopefully spend more time with Kaitlyn and be able to cook a nice dinner every night. If I choose not to do this then I would be stuck in the same miserable job with crappy pay and no time off for the rest of my life leaving Kaitlyn with a sitter instead of with me. Also with teaching there is always the opportunity to grow your salary, that is not to say I am doing it for the money because we all know that is not the case. But the opportunity is there to get an increase every year. I have not received a raise in 5 years now.
I just want to have a job that is fulfilling, making money for other people is not fulfilling. Having the possibility to change the live of a child is.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I totally agree! I vent about school to Jayson, too, and he says the same thing! So fustrating becuase in the end I'm going to school to make myself a more rounded person and to provide for our family. You'll be a great teacher!! Anytime you want to vent or need motivation, just give me a call or drop me an email. Love ya!
    Jenn Claiborne

    ReplyDelete