Monday, April 30, 2012

Teaching Update

Well things are certainly moving fast. I first found out about the TTT program in December of 2011 and May 29, 2012 is my first official day of school. I will be finished with school and have my teaching credential as of May 2013!
School is expensive. They provide a $5K stipend to help with the cost but the total for the 8 units I have to take in the summer is $2,775.00. That is only for 8 units! Next semester I have to take 14 units. I was hoping to not have to add to my student loan debt but it looks like I will have no choice in the matter. For now I paid for summer session with the first half of my stipend but going forward I am going to have to revert back to charging my student loan.
Summer session is going to suck. It is only 11 weeks long but it is 4 days a week from 4:30pm to 8:30pm which means I will only see Kaitlyn for a short time in the morning on those days. I was really worried about how this was all going to pan out as far as somebody watching and taking care of Kaitlyn but it seems a plan happened very quickly and effortlessly. My mother in law, Pam, came up with the plan. David will pick Kaitlyn up from daycare and drop her off at Pam's house. Pam will feed her dinner and give her a bath at her house. Then at about 7:30pm she will drive over to our house and put Kaitlyn to sleep in her own bed and wait for me to get home. WONDERFUL! I am so happy about this plan. I was very concerned about having to wake Kaitlyn up to bring her home then try to put her to sleep again. David said he will try to work more on the weekends so he can be home more during the week too. Fall session should only be one day a week in the class room so that will be a little easier on all of us.
I still have to pass the two sections of the CSET which I am scheduled to retake on Cinco de Mayo. Wish me luck! I have to pass algebra this time at the very least. They want us to pass both, which is what I would love to happen as well so I don't have to worry about the tests anymore, but in all honesty I truly only believe I will be able to pass one at a time. It is very hard to focus on both tests while studying, there is too much information that needs to be mastered. Maybe if I had just graduated college I would not have this problem because all of this would be fresh in my mind still, but it has been years since I took a math class. At any rate I am taking Thursday and Friday off this time so I can master algebra and fit in as much geometry as I possibly can. My focus will be algebra though. Like I said I NEED to pass at least one and since I was so close on the algebra last time I figure I would go full force.

No comments:

Post a Comment